The JAM Program© is presented in a 16 week psycho educational format which consists of 8 specific components.
2. Values & Beliefs
3. Communication Skills
4. Consequential Thinking – problem
solving ,cause and effect
5. Social Skills Training
6. Conflict Resolution
7. Life Skills High Risk Situations – Keeping Yourself Safe
The curriculum is presented in open ended psycho educational groups
Maximum of 10 members per group
Group Instruction – Group Discussion – Role Playing – Handouts – Weekly Lifework - Media
Pre and Post Test measurable outcomes
How to Make a Referral
Referrals can be made directly to The Glass House Counseling Services ™ by community agencies, court system, family court, the school system and by parents interested in providing
this service to their child.
This program is not designed for children that are actively violent or in need of a psychiatric evaluation. Participants with mental health issues must be stabilized before entering group.
Substance abuse issues must be addressed
prior to entering group.
* Increase pro-social skills
* Increase anger control
* Increase empathy
* Increase cognitive problem solving skills
* Promoting social competence and preventing, reducing and treating conduct problems in at risk youths
* Identify the triggering events
* Recognize the cues to anger
* Develop anger management
* (cognitive behavioral) strategies in response to events and cues
* Intervention involves developing individualized anger management plans
* Learn conflict resolution skills
* Improve communication skills
* Increase pro-social behaviors